… make Stir Fry Lemon Chicken. In a wok. Over a real fire. Outdoors. Around here, we refer to this sort of action as “outdoor grill therapy”, and without going into details, I was in some desperate need of it tonight.
Stir Fry Lemon Chicken
- 2 tbs. Cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. grated Fresh Lemon Zest
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- 1 tbs. honey or sugar
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 sweet white onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli stems, sliced lengthwise
- 2 skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tbs. minced ginger root
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat seasame oil in wok over high heat
- Stir fry chicken mixture until all chicken pieces are browned.
- Add carrots, stir well, and let cook for one minute.
- Add remaining veggies and cook for two minutes.
- Add sauce mixture and stir well. Cook for another two minutes (sauce should be bubbling and begin to thicken).
- Remove from wok and serve immediately. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and serve with rice.
Now that my therapy session is over and this post is complete it’s time to get back to work. Gotta go deal with more lemons so I can continue to cook like this in the future…