More pre-Super Bowl appetizer experiments today, and the result was 3 different flavors of something I’m going to call Swiss Pig Pulls. Take some leftover pulled pork, slices of swiss cheese, some fresh French baguettes, some of your favorite BBQ sauces, and before you know it you’re eating some tasty appetizers.
We tried these with both toasted and untested bread slices; surprisingly enough the un-toasted version was preferred by 3 out of 4 judges. The sauces ranged from Jack Daniels Swineapple to Big Butz Cranberry and Big Butz Extra Hot. Assembly instructions are as follows:
- Slice baguette into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Add a liberal amount of your favorite BBQ sauce to the bread.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of the sauced bread.
- Top with some leftover preheated pulled pork.
- Bake or broil in toaster oven (or regular oven) until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately. Don’t forget the napkins…
We’re going to Pigdog’s house for the Super Bowl. I told him to let me know what he wants me to bring in the way of finger food, and I’m guessing this will make it even harder for him to make a decision.